RCE014: Tim Cook – Building Community as the Raw Londoner
2nd March, 2017
On this week’s show I’m joined by Tim Cook of Raw Londoner. Tim is not just a raw foodie; he’s into plant-based food as well. He loves to mix science and research with intuition, which is just the perfect blend. Science teaches us so much and is so important, but there are just some things that science is yet to prove. There’s an energetic quality of food that we discuss in today’s episode, which is difficult to measure, scientifically.
In this episode, Tim shares about creating a community around what you do, especially when you drastically change your lifestyle. We dive into his tips on how he created his community and how you can start to create one for yourself as well. I love his approach to the raw food lifestyle and how he takes bits and pieces from the movements that others have started and applies it to his own life. I hope you enjoy this episode and are inspired by Tim’s motivation to live a healthy life.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- Tim shares his story, the mission surrounding Raw Londoner and how it came about.
- Hear Tim’s tips on finding a community or tribe to support you in your raw lifestyle.
- Discover how Tim first got started on his nutrition journey towards raw foods.
- Understand why Tim pursued a plant based diet to live a long, healthy life.
- Learn why pulling specific portions from other’s ideas and adapting them to your life is key.
- Find out why nutrition is still a developing science with a long way to go.
- Discover the benefits of letting yourself have the thing that you can’t see yourself giving up.
- Tim shares his definition of superfoods and how it relates to your body’s needs.
- Hear Tim’s favorite superfoods, and what he has in his collection.
- And so much more!
More About This Episode:
For Tim, the single most important thing is to be happy and to genuinely, deeply, feel good. He chooses the nutrition he does to give him a long and healthy life, filled with energy, vitality, strength, mental clarity, and a great physique. A plant based diet is something that Tim chose because it felt great. He eats a high percentage of his diet raw and with minimal processing. This ensures that it is in its freshest, most natural state with maximum nutrition.
“Pretty much any food, you can evidenced research that proves that it’s both excellent and awful.” Click to tweet
Tim is most interested in the science of nutrition and also believes that our bodies are far more sophisticated devices than our current science understands. Our thoughts and emotions have a much greater impact than we currently understand, scientifically. Tim is highly involved in the folklore of plant based health and believes that although there is little research, folklore can often guide us to what works even if it can’t explain the mechanics behind it.
“I don’t tend to be able to put off my emotional eating until next Saturday, or whenever it happens to be.” Click to tweet
He is also interested in the intuitive approaches to plant based health because he believes we have a greater spiritual connection that’s cheering for us to live the greatest version of our lives possible and is always giving us guidance whenever we listen. We are all responsible for the greatness of own our life. For Tim, he is doing the best he can to live the greatest life.
Raw Londoner — http://www.rawlondoner.com/
Kimchi from Planet Organic — http://www.planetorganic.com/tickles-pickles-kimchi-200-g/24226/
Tim on Twitter — https://twitter.com/rawlondoner
The Raw Chef Experience on iTunes — iTunes.com