RCE 018: Ollie Trew – Connecting to Yourself & Leaning into Fear
17th March, 2017
On this week’s episode I’m joined by Ollie Trew, who is a connection coach, a healer, and a spiritual catalyst passionate about helping people get back to who they really are and what they really love to do. As Ollie says, after all, we are so much more impactful and driven when we have a purpose and we can wake up each morning with a smile on our face.
Ollie is no stranger to living his own purpose, having successfully started his third business as a coach after a career as a professional beatboxer and a film producer. He now travels the world helping people to connect better with themselves and what they love, no matter who they are and what their background is.
Now, aside from coaching, Ollie is a self-professed challenge-a-holic and sees it as an opportunity to take his clients further and deeper. Having achieved such feats as five half marathons in just five days, 100 kilometre race in one day, and driving around the world from Hyde Park in London to Mongolia, all in the name of a good cause. He’s got a colourful background, and I know you’re going to love this interview.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- Hear as Ollie shares about his colourful past and background story.
- How Ollie knew that he was connecting to something deeper, using his inner curiosity.
- What “cave syndrome” is and how Ollie applies it to following our passion to drive us through.
- Find out how Ollie got into beatboxing as a creative vent to create something good.
- How spilling a smoothie got Ollie a $27,000 advertisement deal for only four days of work.
- What caused Ollie to transition into a film and storytelling.
- Ollie’s advice on knowing where to start when struggling to connect to ourselves.
- Learn how to lean into fear, but giving it a non-positive or a non-negative.
- Why experiencing our emotions is the key to getting towards happiness and fulfillment.
- And so much more!
More About This Episode:
After travelling the world speaking and performing, Ollie was humbled by an undeniable truth that we are all connected in some way. Yet many of us feel isolated, even in the big cities. Ollie believes that much of that isolation can be remedied by connection, so he decided then and there to make it his mission to help others all over the world to better connect in person and over the camera.
Ollie believes that being able to connect with ourselves and the right people around us is one of, if not the most, important life skill that you can develop. He is fascinated by the idea that you never know who you are going to meet and what sort of win-win relationship you can create between the two of you. As he says, “You could be sitting on a park bench next to your future wife or the CEO of Red Bull, ready to offer you a job, but you won’t know unless you decide to connect.”
For Ollie, connection begins first on the inside as we make a conscious choice to love and connect with ourselves. Once our internal connection is established, then we are able to share our gifts, passions, and knowledge with other around the world.
Ollie’s personal Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/ollie.trew
Ollie’s Facebook Page — https://www.facebook.com/trewconnection/