RCE022: Tanya Maher – Raw Food Experiment to Raw Food Restaurant
30th March, 2017
This week I’m talking to Tanya Alekseeva, AKA, Tanya Maher. Tanya is a good friend and we met on a trip to Stone Henge for the solstice in 2012 when the world was supposed to end. Tanya is the founder of the ultimate wellness company, Better Raw, and the co-founder of Tanya’s Café, a high-end gourmet raw café chain. She is also the author of The Uncook Book and is recognised as an expert in the raw food industry.
In this episode Tanya shares with us all about her healing journey and how she came to find out about raw food through her parents. She also shares how she had realized that she had healed with raw food 10 years before, after a car accident. We also get to hear about the amazing things that Tanya is doing with her café and food delivery service, and how having a child has affected her life. We just had a really fun chat, and I hope you enjoy it too.
What You’ll Hear in This Episode:
- Hear Tanya’s story and her motivation for getting into raw food.
- Tanya shares her journey after a major accident, and how food became her worst enemy.
- Learn how Tanya’s first encounter with raw food involved juiced carrots by the gallons.
- Find out how Tanya’s parents turned into raw foodies overnight and threw out the microwave.
- Tanya shares how they grew up living off of their own crops and growing their own veggies.
- Discover how raw food healed Tanya, and how it turned into a prevention strategy.
- Understand the importance of detoxing our bodies, purifying in order to eat more intuitively.
- Hear what is next for Tanya and the opportunities that are coming up in her journey.
- Find out how when more people become educated about raw food, the health trends change.
- And so much more!
More About This Episode:
Tanya Maher is the founder of the wellness company, Better Raw and the co-founder of a café chain called Tanya’s Café. She is also the creator of the Amazon #1 best selling DVD Raw Food 101 and author of Hay House’s The Uncook Book. She was born in Russia, raised in New Zealand, and is now pioneering the clean eating movement in the UK. Today,
Tanya is one of most recognised experts in the world of raw food and has been named the UK’s top wellness coach by the likes of Vogue, Daily Mail, and Women’s Health. She stretches herself everyday as an expert and a supportive resource to help others. Tanya never stops searching for more, getting to know others, and serving to help individuals be their healthiest selves all of the time.
Now green smoothies are so common, they’re everywhere; you’ll be able to get them at McDonalds soon. Click to tweet
Better Raw — http://betterraw.com/
Tanya’s Café — http://www.tanyascafe.com/
Tanya on Twitter — https://twitter.com/BetterRaw
Tanya’s Book, The Uncook Book — https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1781805644/
Week-Day Raw Minicourse — http://weekdayraw.com/
The Raw Family by Victoria Boutenko — https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Raw-Family-Victoria-Boutenko-Paperback/B00NPONSDY
Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko — https://www.amazon.co.uk/Green-Life-Victoria-Boutenko/dp/155643930X/