For the aubergine wrappers
- 1 aubergine (eggplant), sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for five to ten minutes.
- After 5 to 10 minutes, the slices should be much softer and you’ll be able to squeeze some of the water out of them. I do this by picking up a handful, squeezing them, then carefully untangling them from each other.
For the ravioli filling
I like to use a combination of pesto and macadamia cheese.
You can use the rocket (arugula) pesto from this recipe, using rocket or basil.
And then use the macadamia cheese recipe here.
- Place a little of the filling on each piece of aubergine, making a parcel with another piece on top of that.
- Dehydrate these for anything between 3 to 6 hours at 115 degrees F. I prefer them on the softer side at around 4 hours.
Sweet Tomato Sauce
- 250g (9ozs) baby tomatoes (or any tomatoes wth lots of flavour)
- 150g sundried tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- ¼ a red onion
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp freshly ground fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- Blend all ingredients in a highspeed blender.
- A few handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Just before serving massage the salt into the spinach and in a few seconds, you’ll notice it bruising and then wilting down, as if it’s been steamed.