It’s Halloween, which means it’s pumpkin pie time.
I’ve got a new recipe here for you that is part pumpkin pie, part cheesecake.
Let me know how you like the recipe.
Makes one 7” cheesecake
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 cup pecans*
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 7 apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
- Grind all ingredients in a food processor.
- Press into the cheesecake pan.
*I like to soak the pecans for 4 hours, then dehydrate them at 105 degrees F for 10 to 12 hours, to make them more digestible and less heavy.
- 1 3/4 cups cashews, soaked for 20 minutes
- 1 cup diced pumpkin flesh
- 1 cup carrot juice
- 1/4 cup honey or coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lecithin
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla pod scrapings
- 1/2 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons mixed spice*
*If you can’t get mixed spice, use pumpkin spice or refer to the mixed spice recipe here.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour over base.
- Set in fridge and allow to set for 4+ hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream. Here’s mine.