I love a simple, chunky chopped salad with a beautiful dressing. There’s something so satisfying about eating it. I think it’s down to the mouthfeel of all those flavours with the crunch that makes it such a beautiful meal.
You can of course create that with a food processor in a quick grind salad like this. Or you can use a knife. . .or you can have some fun and buy one of the mezzaluna knives I’m using in this video.
Check it out below, I think you’ll like this one.
Such a tasty and quick recipe from our Weekday Raw – Spring course.
The knife I’m talking about is a mezzaluna.
- A few leaves of Chinese Leaf (Napa) Cabbage
- Handful of mung beansprouts
- Half a red sweet pointed pepper, or bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium cucumber
- Small handful cashews
- Small handful fresh peppermint leaves
- Small handful fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Small handful mangetout (snow peas)
- A few red cabbage leaves
- 2 or 3 small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup medjool dates
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed sesame or olive oil
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice mix
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- Gather all the salad ingredients onto a chopping board and rough chop with a mezzalune knife. If you don’t have a mezzaluna, just use a good size chef knife.
- Pop all those chopped salad ingredients into a bowl, and mix with the blended dressing ingredients.
Want more quick, easy and simple raw food recipes like this? That’s exactly what you’ll find in Weekday Raw.