A fresh, raw blended soup with a natural zing from the lime and complimentary spices. Adding cashew sour cream and sundried tomatoes to garnish really finishes this off beautifully.
I really wanted to come up with a fresh raw soup that is perfect for hot summer days with this recipe. At the same time, I wanted it to be satiating so it could stand on its own as a lunch meal, leaving me feeling light and energised.
I’ve always loved the simplicity of avocado and lemon juice or lime juice. Every now and then I’d cut an avocado on the chopping board where I’ve just cut citrus. It’s amazing how a simple avocado can be transformed by just a little citrus.
So that combination seemed a great place to start. With the addition of a little salt, a few key spices and the ever popular cashew sour cream we’ve ourselves this beautiful raw soup. You can even have it slightly warm by using warm water to blend.
It’s also very easy to make it look beautiful with the garnishes you can see in the image. The secret to a good garnish for this is cutting everything either small, or very thin. That always tends to make things look high-end.
How to Make Avocado Spinach Lime Soup
- Such an easy one to make, this. Grab all of your soup ingredients together in a blender.
- For a warmer soup, use hot water instead of room temperature. I’d still consider this raw, because blending those ingredients with warm water isn’t enough to cook them.
- To garnish, I highly recommend some cashew sour cream, finely chopped pieces of sundried tomato, chive and spring onion.
Avocado Spinach & Lime Soup
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups spinach
- 3/4 cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 ozs cilantro (fresh coriander)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 cup water if wanting warm soup use hot water
- Sour cream, chopped chives, sundried tomatoes and spring onions to garnish
- Blend all ingredients, except the garnishes in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with sour cream, chopped chives, a little slice of avocado, spring onions & finely diced sundried tomatoes.