Ooooh, get ready. This it the real deal. Soft, moist raw vegan chocolate cherry bread…with balsamic vanilla cherries, no less.
What do I need to say about this bread? I mean, look at it! 😋
I’ve had the thought of doing a chocolate bread for some time. In the last couple of weeks it came to life.
The cherries take this to the next level. I use thawed frozen cherries; when they thaw you get those lovely juices. Roughly squish them in a bowl with your hands, a little balsamic vinegar and some vanilla extract and then dehydrate on a tray.
You’re left with beautiful sticky, sweet balsamic vanilla cherries for the inside of this loaf. Treat yourself to a taste of the cherries (of course you will 😉) but remember, you’re only robbing from future you.
This bread is seriously fantastic with a good dollop of almond butter. I’ve no doubt any other nut butter would be equally as tasty. Cashew butter would be insane. Note to self: Try cashew butter with cacao nibs.
OK, enough fantasising, let’s make this thing…
Balsamic Cherry Chocolate Bread
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 14 oz cherries (frozen, thawed)
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 3/4 0z quinoa flour
- 1 3/4 oz cacao powder
- 2 1/4 oz ground almonds
- 7 oz coconut sugar
- 1 oz psyllium husks
- 5 oz courgette (peeled)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 dates (soft, pitted)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients, including the cherry juice that you’ll have from the frozen cherries that are thawed, in a bowl and gently squish them with your hands a few times.
- Pour on to a small baking tray, spread out evenly and dehydrate at 115F for 5 hours, until they are sticky.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the cherries.
- In a high speed blender, process the wet ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine. The mixture will thicken up after about 5 minutes. Once thickened, form into 2 small loaves..
- Dehydrate on a mesh dehydrator tray for 8 hours at 115 degrees F.
1 thought on “Balsamic Cherry Chocolate Bread”
is it correct that this balsamic cherry chocolate bread recipie includes 4 oz of quinoa and almond flour and 7 oz of coconut sugar? Or did someone mix up cups and oz? Seems like a lot of sugar to me. I made it with 2.5 oz and it turned out well, too.
Thanks for your amazing content!