This raw courgette / zucchini fettuccine dish is easy to make, really satisfying to eat and can be made a variety of different ways.
We made it! The finale in our one day of raw food menu.
Just as with breakfast and lunch we’re keeping it simple to make and full of flavour.
As I mention in the video, the fettuccine can be substituted for zucchini ribbons or spaghetti made with a spiraliser.
You can choose a favourite curry powder to use here too, matched to your level of spice. We get a creamy finish with the sauce by adding coconut yogurt. If you don’t want to make your own, there are plenty of good coconut or almond/cashew yoghurts available in stores now.
If you missed them, here’s the other recipes for Breakfast and Lunch:
Breakfast: Ambrosia Fruit Salad Breakfast Bowl
Curried Tomato Fettuccine
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 courgette (or summer squash)
- 5 ozs chickpeas* (sprouted)
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (soaked for an hour)
- ½ cup sundried tomato soak water (from soaking the sundried tomatoes)
- ⅓ cup coconut yoghurt
- ½ tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp masala curry powder (or your favourite curry powder)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ⅛ red onion (or shallot)
- 2 ozs green beans
- 1/3 oz cilantro (coriander)
- ½ tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- Blend the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, soak water, yoghurt, ginger, lime juice, tamari, curry powder, pepper and chili flakes. Add 2 tablespoons of the chickpeas for extra creaminess and blend again.
- In another bowl mix the yellow pepper, onion, green fine beans, coriander, lime juice and salt. Massage by hand to soften the veg a little.
- On a mandoline or your favourite spiraliser, turn the courgette into fettuccine or spaghetti.
- Mix the fettuccine with the veggies and serve in a bowl with a generous portion of the sauce.
- *If you have trouble digesting raw chickpeas, just steam them for 5 to 7 minutes. They’re still highly nutritious, but more digestible.
For more raw food recipes like this, visit our Raw Vegan Recipes index page.