Make a few of these ahead of time and freeze them. So easy to fill with all kinds of delightful fillings (some of those coming up).
This is such a versatile and delicious raw pastry crust that can be made ahead of time, so you’re ready to go when you want to eat something really special.
How to Make a Raw Flakey Pie Crust
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked 1 hr and rinsed
- 3.5 oz water
- 1/4 cup honey runny and clear
- 1/8 cup sesame oil or nut oil, cold pressed
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1 tsp rosemary fresh
- 1 tsp thyme fresh
- 1/3 cup oat flour plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- Blend the first set of wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add the psyllium and blend again until smooth.
- Add in the fresh herbs and blend for a few seconds to incorporate, so there are still flecks of herb visible.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the contents of the blender and mix well with your hands until it comes together.
- Form the mix into a ball and allow to rest 5 minutes to firm up.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of nonstick paper, dust the dough with some oat flour if it sticks, to ¼ inch thickness.
- Line the tart tin with two strips of greaseproof paper.
- Place the round of dough inside the tin, press down gently and remove the excess around the rim.
- Place on a mesh dehydrator tray and dry for 6-8 hours at 115 F, release from the tin and remove the paper.
- Dry further 4-6 hours or until crisp.
Related: Psyllium: Benefits, Safety & Dosage