Crunchy corn chips, perfect for dipping and sharing.
If your raw cracker repertoire has only ever extended to flax crackers, it’s time for you to venture out ?
The longer you leave these corn chips in the dehydrator, the crispier they will get, which makes them perfect for dipping in Cashew Sour Cream, or a simple salsa during a movie night at home.
I’d definitely advise making several batches, as they keep really well in a sealed container. This recipes yields 2 dehydrator trays, so you may as well fill up your dehydrator whilst your at it, and maybe even 3x or 4x the recipe!
Right about now, if you don’t intend to get a dehydrator any time soon, you’re probably wondering if you can make these without one. I made a video on that here.
Raw Dehydrated Corn Chips
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 4 cups frozen corn defrosted
- 1 yellow bell pepper de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup flaxseed ground
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup water or up to 1/2 cup for consistency
- In a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients except the flax/linseed until it’s smooth.
- Add the flax and blend again until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the batter between two nonstick dehydrator sheets and score into the shape you desire.
- Dehydrate at 115F for 8-10 hours, flip onto a mesh tray and dry a further 12 hours or until crisp.
- Store in an airtight container for several months.