I wanted to do something a simple with this recipe; something you can have for lunch or dinner without too much prep.
If you take a look at the recipe, all you really have to do here is soak the sunflower seeds, cashews and sundried tomatoes the night before and you’re all set. The more you get used to quickly popping some nuts and seeds in to soak, the less you’ll have to think about it. It’s becomes just as easy as taking something out of the freezer ahead of time to cook it.
I’ve done a fancy rolling thing here, so you’ll end up with cone shape Taquitos, but if you want to simplify the whole thing, just rolling them lengthwise, like sushi, will work great.
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds soaked 4 hours or more
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes soaked for 1 hour or more
- 1/4 cup water use the tomato-soaked water
- 1 tbsp dark miso
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chili chopped & seeds removed
- 3 spring onions or green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander cilantro
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups cashews soaked 1 hour or more
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 Nori sheets
- 1 courgette zucchini, sliced thinly on a mandoline
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts or salad leaves of choice
- 1/2 avocado cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chives
- Grind all ingredients in a food processor until desired consistency is achieved.
- Blend all ingredients in a highs peed blender until smooth.
- Cut the nori sheet so you have a square.
- Cut again to halve the square, so you have two strips.
- Lay the courgette strips in some paper kitchen towel for a few seconds to remove the surface moisture. Pat them dry and then transfer to the nori, laying them length ways.
- Place the avocado strips diagonally from the bottom left-hand corner (the Nori sheets should have the shortest side closest to you, so that the longest sides extend away from you).
- Place some of the sunflower seed filling on the avocado, finishing off with the same of the green leaves and chives.
- Roll in a cone shape and seal the nori with a little water, so it sticks.