Rate This Recipe
Pomegranate Cheesecake with Clementine Gelato
This dessert actually has two recipes, the cheesecake and the gelato.
Nutrition (For one serving)
Calories: 526kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 13gFat: 39gSaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 269mgPotassium: 584mgFiber: 4gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 52IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 5mg
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cups cashews soaked for 1 – 2 hours
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup xylitol
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup beetroot juice optional, just for colour
- 2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 cup clementine juice
- 1 tsp clementine zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a food processor, first process cashews to flour.
- Add remaining ingredients and process again.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" Springfield pan and place in fridge whilst working on filling.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Pour on top of the base.
- Place in the freezer to set. Once it’s set, the cheesecake can be moved to, and stored in, the fridge until ready to eat.
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth. Taste for sweetness; you may need to add extra agave if your clementines weren’t that sweet.
- Pour mixture into a rectangular container and place in the freezer to set. Once set, pass through a juicer with a homogenizing attachment on. Alternatively, you can pour the mixture (unfrozen) into an ice cream maker.
Almond milk is made by blending 1 cup of almonds with 3 cups of water and straining through a nut milk bag or fine-mesh sieve.