This is a really tasty, quick and easy recipe that is packed full of flavours. I really love the way the slaw provides a creamy crunch, along with the marinated kebab veggies. Don’t let the simplicity of the way this looks deceive you — it’s a truly satisfying meal that I’m sure will impress anyone.
Portabello Kebabs with Asian Slaw
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 3 portabellos large
- 1 red onion small
- 1 zucchini courgette
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup pineapple
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp fennel seed ground
- 1/4 tsp celery seed ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp flax oil
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil optional
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger finely grated
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage sliced thin
- 1 carrot medium size, ‘ribboned’ with a peeler
- 1/2 red bell pepper julienned fine
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper julienned fine
- 1 Thai chili minced fine
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 2 tbsp mint chiffonaded
- Chop the vegetables into 1″ squares.
- Blend the pineapple, tamari, ginger, fennel seed, celery seed, olive oil, flax oil. sesame oil, and salt; then transfer to a bowl. Add the vegetables to the bowl and marinate for a few minutes.
- Make small skewers, alternating the vegetables on each wooden skewer to have a nice colour and texture variation.
- Optional: Place in the dehydrator for 2 – 3 hours at 115 degrees F.
- Blend first 5 ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with warm kebabs straight from the dehydrator.