Raw Carrot Cake Granola. . .a healthy breakfast made to comfort you, like a cup of tea and a slice of carrot cake.
It seemed like a great idea to make a raw breakfast out of a cake recipe, so the Raw Carrot Cake Granola was born.
Raw Foods Vs Cold Days
If you’re reading this when the temperatures are cooler, your mind, like mine, may go to more warming foods.
Lots of people ask me about eating cooked foods, rather than raw foods, in autumn and winter. Because who doesn’t want that hug-in-a-mug feeling only a good soup, stew or cup of tea can give you? I think it’s definitely a good idea, if that’s what your body is asking for.
Initially I was surprised though, because I’d never related bodily warmth with warm foods, but now I totally get it.
Warming Raw Foods
However, if you still want to get some good, nourishing raw foods in during autumn and winter, whilst also feeling comforted, what do you do?
Adding spices to your raw food recipes are the way to go, because they’ll warm you from the inside. This Raw Carrot Cake Granola has you covered here.
Of course, you could serve this raw granola with some homemade almond milk, or you could buy the healthiest store-bought version of any nut, seed or grain milk.
Raw Carrot Cake Granola
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 cup pecans soaked overnight
- 1 cup walnuts soaked overnight
- ½ cup macadamias soaked overnight
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice or mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 9 ozs carrot grated
- ½ cup raisins soaked 1 hour
- 1 teaspoon orange zest from 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
For the date paste
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 cup orange juice
- Grind all ingredients except the date paste ingredients in a food processor until broken down to desired consistency.
- Blend dates and orange juice together in a highspeed blender until smooth. You can add a little water to get it to blend if you don’t have a strong enough blender.
- Mix first set of ingredients in a bowl with the date paste.
- Dehydrate overnight, for around 8 to 12 hours at 115 degrees F.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.