This raw parsnip rice can be used to accompany so many raw dishes, but is really awesome in raw vegan sushi (link to that below the video) which can form a main meal, or in smaller portions, a really beautiful starter.
How to Make Raw Parsnip Rice
- 8 oz parsnip peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp light miso
- 1/2 tsp salt
- If you’re using a more watery vegetable like jicama or sweet potato, pulse the chunks in the food processor until rice-like, then squeeze it out through a nut milk bag or sieve. If you are using a drier vegetable like cauliflower or parsnip, there’s no need to squeeze any excess liquid out.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse again until combined.
- Serve immediately, or will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.