In this video, I’m going to show you how to roll raw sushi with a rolling mat. The full recipe and instructions are in my Chef Home Study Course.
But for now, just enjoy this video — it’ll show you the full rolling technique.
- Untoasted nori sheets
- Parsnip rice
- Shiitake mushroom strips, marinated in wheat free tamari, olive oil and apple cider vinegar
- Enoki mushrooms, not marinated
- Preserved lemons
- Microgreens or salad leaves
- Lay your nori sheet on a rolling mat with the long edge going left to right.
- Add a good amount of the parsnip rice to the nori sheet so it covers the sheet about a third of the way up, right to the edges.
- Gently flatten this down with your hands.
- Place avocado strips all the way along the rice in one line, slightly overlapping and over hanging the edges.
- On top of that, place the enoki mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms and greens.
- To roll, lift the egde of the mat with your thumbs, hold the filling in place with your fingers.
- Then roll everything forward into a roll, pulling the lead edge back to you to make it tighter.
- When it’s nice and tight, take the end of the rolling may out, whilst rolling the sushi forwards.
- Wet the remaining visible egde of the nori with water and complete the rolling to seal it.
- Leave for 30 seconds or so, which will enable the nori to soften, making it easier to cut.
- Cut into bitesized pieces with a sharp knife.
- Serve with some wheat-free tamari.
Related: Raw Parsnip Rice