I love Napa Cabbage in a salad, so I thought I’d make it the main event. Just a few simple flavours added to the cabbage, with a side of sweetness from the quick beetroot relish, and you could quickly find this is a favourite (and surprisingly filling) lunch or dinner at your place.
I’ve served with a little wilted spinach, but what would be sensational is a little macadamia cheese, perhaps with the spinach rolled into it. Let me know if you try that version!
Shredded Napa Cabbage with Beetroot Chutney
Nutrition (For one serving)
Shredded napa cabbage
- 1 head Napa cabbage
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes crushed
- 2 tsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1 tsp lime
- 1 pear ripe, diced/cut into strips
Quick beetroot chutney
- 2 beetroot medium size, grated (or pulsed in a food processor)
- 1 apple grated (or pulsed in a food processor with the beetroot)
- 2 tbsp onion finely diced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup spinach
- Shred the cabbage diagonally and massage with the salt.
- Combine all remaining shredded napa cabbage ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all chutney ingredients in a bowl. If possible, leave to sit in the fridge for a few hours to allow the flavours to come together and to have the colour be more appealing.
- When serving, mix in some of the spinach to the shredded cabbage or serve on the side, following up with the chutney on the side.