I was trying to decide where to put these recipes, because technically I’m not giving you a salad here;
I’m giving you an incredible dressing and smoky coconut pieces that will turn any salad into an incredibly tasty and satisfying.
For the pictures I went with these beautiful heirloom tomatoes of various colours, cut nice and chunky, along with some Romaine lettuce, coriander (cilantro) and avocado.
The chips themselves are crunchy straight from the dehydrator and need to be stored in a sealed container so they stay that way. They’ll be good for weeks like that. If they do happen to go soft, just pop them back in the dehydrator again.
The queso dressing is an absolute treat and has always been one of my favourite dressings. It’ll easily keep for up to 4 days in a sealed container in the fridge.
Smoky Coconut Chips & Chipotle Queso Dressing
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle chilli powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp cumin
- 4 sundried tomatoes soaked for an hour
- 1/2 cup water this is soaking water from the sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp mesquite lucuma
- 1 cup cashews soaked 20 minutes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chili
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp cilantro coriander
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend all marinade ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Combine with coconut flakes and spread on a non-stick dehydrator sheet.
- Spread onto a dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115 degrees for 20 hours until completely dry.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender. Will store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.