In this video I show you how to make the best healthiest snack, and certainly a current favourite of mine …
Kale chips! This recipe will produce some beautiful sweet, spicy and smoky kale chips that can be taken anywhere you feel you might not have the greatest food options away from your kitchen, such as when you’re traveling.
Spicy BBQ Kale Chips
- 1 head organic kale, torn
- 2 chipotle chilies, soaked
- 1/2 cup soaking water from chipotle chilies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nama shoyu or tamari
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup soft dates
- Blend all ingredients except kale in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Thoroughly combine the kale and sauce in a bowl until all the kale is coated.
- Evenly scatter the kale on a nonstick dehydrator sheet in a way that will allow air to circulate around it.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees F for around 10 hours. Remove from the nonstick sheet, transfer to a mesh sheet and continue dehydrating until the kale is completely dry.