Finding a few salad dressings you really love can really change things for you (yeah, I did just say that and it’s not a joke), because no matter how quick and simple the salad is, you know it’s going to be a satisfying meal with a great dressing.
This creamy vegan caesar dressing recipe is a keeper for just that reason.
This will be good for up to 4 days in the fridge, and is just as good as a caesar dip, as it a dressing.
It’s great on simple salads like the one in the pic, which is romaine leaves, olives, tomatoes, onions, avocado and pumpkin seeds. It’s also really amazing over some kale leaves, wilted with lemon juice and salt.
Suggested: Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
By using a little less water when blending you can also make this a spread for sandwiches and wraps, which would be an absolute delight.
The recipe and therefore the nutrition figures here are just for the dressing, not the salad too. So those macros are for 1/8th of the full recipe.
Vegan Caesar Dressing
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 cup cashews soaked 2 to 3 hours
- 3/4 cup water ½ cup for a thicker dressing
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon Juice
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp light miso
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup nori sprinkles or ground nori sheet
- Blend everything but the nori in a high speed blender until smooth.
- Add in the nori and pulse until you have small flecks in the dressing.Use as a dressing for salads or as a dip or spread in sandwiches and wraps.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.