This recipe uses nut cheeses which are available in my Raw Nut Cheese Recipes eBook (just fold in some spirulina to the basic macadamia cheese recipe). A ‘deeper dive’ into making raw nut cheeses and the actual macadamia blue cheese recipe can be found here.
Waldorf Salad with Macadamia Blue Cheese
Nutrition (For one serving)
- 1 head romaine lettuce or other favorite lettuce, large
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup grapes mixed seedless, cut in half
- 1 apple diced
- 2 sticks celery finely diced
- 1 cup walnuts roughly broken up
- 1/2 cup parsley fresh flat-leaf
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup cashews soaked for 20 minutes or 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 tsp salt Himalayan
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Tear the lettuce and watercress by hand and transfer to a bowl with the grapes and celery.
- Chop the tough stalks off the parsley and then finely chop the leaves, adding them to your bowl.
- Put all the dressing ingredients, along with the parsley stalks, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put enough dressing into the bowl so that all the leaves are lightly covered. Toss, add the walnuts and toss the salad lightly again.
- Transfer to your serving plates and then finish with a little of the macadamia blue cheese. If you don’t have the macadamia blue cheese, a quick macadamia Parmesan recipe can be made by grating 1/2 cup unsoaked macadamias on a microplane and mixing in 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast and 1/2 teaspoon salt. This looks great sprinkled over the top.
- Optional: A few good chunks of macadamia cheese.